Mother-Goose, of Oxford [graphic] / R.F. ad vivam del.
- Mother-Goose, of Oxford [graphic] / R.F. ad vivam del.
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1807 May 12
- Copyright Date
- [12 May 1807]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
- "An old woman stands on a pavement in in profile to the left., holding a basket containing nosegays on her right. arm. She has sharp features and is very neatly dressed in a plain figured gown gathered at the waist by a string. She wears a flat hat of antique pattern over a white cap, a red cloak, mittens, and buckled shoes."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker identified as Gillray in the British Museum catalogue.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching & stipple engraving with roulette on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 36.0 x 25.9 cm, on sheet 37.8 x 27.2 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 11
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 8, no. 10788
- Orbis Record