A view of the pier of Scarborough [graphic].
- A view of the pier of Scarborough [graphic].
- Alternative Title
- View of the peer of Scarborough
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1807 June 18
- Copyright Date
- [18 June 1807]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
- "A tall thin man on a well-bred hone gallops (l. to r.) close to the sea. He bends forward, his flying coat-tails making his back a concave line. The cliff and curving pier of Scarborough, with a low coastal fortification, are on the extreme left."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
Title etched below image; the first 'e' in 'peer' is scored through and an 'i' inserted above using a caret.
- 1 print : etching with stipple on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 21.0 x 26.1 cm, on sheet 23.4 x 33.3 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 11
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 8, no. 10790
- Orbis Record