Delicious weather [graphic] / etch'd by Js. Gillray.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Delicious weather [graphic] / etch'd by Js. Gillray.
- Delicious weather [graphic] / etch'd by Js. Gillray.
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
- Published / Created
- 1808 February 10
- Copyright Date
- [10 February 1808]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
"An elderly man sits in the middle of a garden seat, taking snuff, and looking delightedly to the left. Behind the seat are plants in pots, including an orange-tree and a rose. Behind these is a large tree; a thrush sings on a branch. There is a background of trees. The seat is constructed for wheeling from place to place (like a modern garden chaise-longue), with wheels at one end in place of legs, and with handles projecting horizontally from the other end."--British Museum online catalogue.
One of a set of seven weather-themed prints with the same signature and imprint, all etched by Gillray from drawings by Sneyd. See British Museum catalogue.
Temporary local subject terms: Seasons: Spring.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching with stipple on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 26 x 21 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 11
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 8, no. 11094
Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 553
Wright, T. Works of James Gillray, the caricaturist with the history of his life and times, p. 360
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)