Raw-weather [graphic] / etch'd by Js. Gillray.
- Raw-weather [graphic] / etch'd by Js. Gillray.
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1808 February 10
- Copyright Date
- [10 February 1808]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
- "A pedestrian, flimsily dressed in tail-coat, nankeen trousers, and pumps, struggles against driving rain, turning an agonized face to the spectator. He walks (r. to left.) on a muddy track beside a decayed paling. A raven croaks on a rotten tree. In the background is a dilapidated scarecrow, surrounded by birds."--British Museum online catalogue.
One of a set of seven weather-themed prints with the same signature and imprint, all etched by Gillray from drawings by Sneyd. See British Museum catalogue.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching with stipple on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 25.6 x 20.7 cm, on sheet 30.2 x 24.4 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 11
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 8, no. 11097, Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 556, and Wright, T. Works of James Gillray, the caricaturist with the history of his life and times, p. 360
- Orbis Record