Bristol-cheese [graphic] : made & sold by Percival & Co.
- Bristol-cheese [graphic] : made & sold by Percival & Co.
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Copyright Date
- Publication Place
- Percival & Co.
- "A bishop, full face, supports his elbows on his pulpit-cushion, the tips of his fingers together, his eyes turned up sanctimoniously. He is plump, smooth, and bland, wearing a small wig. He is framed by the carved back to the wooden pulpit which is against a panelled (and vignetted) wall. Two lighted candles flank the pulpit-cushion."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker and date of publication from British Museum catalogue.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching with stipple on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 26.0 x 20.5 cm, on sheet 29.1 x 23.2 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 11
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 8, no. 11404
- Orbis Record