Billy the gamekeeper [graphic] : W.S. / design'd from life by R. Frankland Esqr. ; engrav'd by Js. Gillray.
- Billy the gamekeeper [graphic] : W.S. / design'd from life by R. Frankland Esqr. ; engrav'd by Js. Gillray.
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Copyright Date
- [ca. 1810]
- Publication Place
- "A man dressed as a coachman stands directed to the left, holding a long-lashed coach-whip. He wears a shiny round hat with cockade and gold band over a powdered wig with double row of curls, double-breasted waistcoat, shirt-frill, and loose coat reaching to the knee."--British Museum online catalogue, description of state with imprint.
Publication information based on that of state with imprint.
Title etched below image.
Variant state, lacking publication line, of a print published with the imprint "Publish'd April 23d, 1810, by H. Humphrey, 27 St. James's Street." Cf. No. 11592 in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 8.
- 1 print : etching & stipple engraving with roulette on wove paper ; plate mark 34.9 x 24.7 cm, on sheet 36.2 x 25.4 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 11
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1810.
Watermarks (Paper)--Edmeads & Pine.--CtY-BR
- Subject (Name)
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record