The Graces in a high wind" [graphic] : a scene taken from nature, in Kensington Gardens / Js. Gillray fecit.
- The Graces in a high wind" [graphic] : a scene taken from nature, in Kensington Gardens / Js. Gillray fecit.
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
-  May 26
- Copyright Date
- [26 May 1810]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
- "Three young women, dressed alike in clinging dresses and straw bonnets trimmed with ribbons, are distressed by a high wind. Their dresses are above the ankle, and differ from those in No. 11594 in having long tight sleeves, and longer waists. Two hold open ribbon-trimmed parasols, the third holds a handkerchief to her face. They have a small dog shaved in the French manner."--British Museum online catalogue.
Title etched below image.
Year of publication from British Museum catalogue.
- 1 print : etching & aquatint with stipple on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 25.5 x 35.8 cm, on sheet 28.9 x 39.0 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 11
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 8, no. 11593, Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 578, and Wright, T. Works of James Gillray, the caricaturist with the history of his life and times, p. 370
- Orbis Record