La walse [graphic] : le bon genre, 1810.
- La walse [graphic] : le bon genre, 1810.
- Alternative Title
- Bon genre, 1810
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- Copyright Date
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
- "Copy of a French print. Two fantastically dressed couples dance, but in different manners. One pair (left) dance side by side, the man's right arm on his partner's waist, her left arm on his shoulder. The other couple face each other, the lady leaning outwards, hands on her partner's shoulders, while his left hand touches the back of her shoulder."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
Title from text above and below image.
- 1 print : etching & stipple engraving on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 24.4 x 31.7 cm, on sheet 35 x 45 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 11
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1810.
Satires (Visual works)--France--1810.
- Subject (Name)
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress--England--1810-1820.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires , v. 8, no. 11613
Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 569
Wright, T. Works of James Gillray, the caricaturist with the history of his life and times, p. 369
- Orbis Record