Grace, fashion, and manners [graphic] : from the life / design'd by an amateur ; Js. Gillray fecit.
- Grace, fashion, and manners [graphic] : from the life / design'd by an amateur ; Js. Gillray fecit.
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Copyright Date
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
- "Three tall young women, holding each other by the arm, walk, right to left, with hoydenish grace, their figures defined under trailing, high-waisted, short-sleeved, and low-necked muslin gowns. All are dressed alike with close-cropped hair under close-fitting caps, scarves twisted round the neck, and long gloves. All have parasols, but two are closed. There is a background of trees."--British Museum online catalogue.
Date of publication from British Museum catalogue.
Text above image: Junctaeque Nymphis Gratiae decentes.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching with stipple on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 25.7 x 20.6 cm, on sheet 28.6 x 22.8 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 11
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 8, no. 11594 and Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 573
- Orbis Record