[A barbers-shop in assize time] [graphic].
- [A barbers-shop in assize time] [graphic].
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Copyright Date
- [ca. 1811]
- Publication Place
Printmaker and artist from description of published state in the British Museum catalogue.
Proof before letters. For state published by G. Humphrey in 1818, see no. 11779 in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 9.
Publisher and date based on earliest imprint, partially scored through, present on published state: Publish'd January 9th, 1811, by H. Humphrey, St. James's Street, London. See British Museum catalogue.
Sheet trimmed to plate mark on three edges.
Title based on that of published state.
- 1 print : etching & stipple engraving with roulette on wove paper ; sheet 44.0 x 60.5 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 11
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1811.
- Subject (Name)
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Bunbury, Henry William, 1750-1811, artist.
Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record