The concubine of the Grand Sultan [graphic] / Bierwerth del.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > The concubine of the Grand Sultan [graphic] / Bierwerth del.
- The concubine of the Grand Sultan [graphic] / Bierwerth del.
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
- Published / Created
- 1794 November 1
- Copyright Date
- [1 November 1794]
- Publication Place
- H. Humphrey, No. 37 New Bond Street
"A young woman standing to left, head turned to right, left hand at her hip, right resting on a parasol propped in front of her, wearing a rich gown with a fringed shawl criss-crossed over her hips and fastened in a knot at her hip, with a fitted coat and a turban, her hair loose beneath it; in a double frame."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker identified as Gillray. See Briitsh Museum online catalogue, registration no.: 1851,0901.691.
Temporary local subject terms: Female costume: Turkish female costume -- Parasols -- Concubines.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching & aquatint on wove paper ; sheet 34.9 x 25 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 12
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)