Letter to General Curtis. "Private." September 13, 1862
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Letter to General Curtis. "Private." September 13, 1862
- Letter to General Curtis. "Private." September 13, 1862
- Washburn, C. C. (Cadwallader Colden), 1818-1882
- Curtis, Samuel Ryan,--1805-1866
- Published / Created
- 1862 September 13
- Publication Place
The collection contains correspondence between Gen. S. R. Curtis and his family while in military service or on engineering jobs, his official correspondence with copies of orders, telegrams, and other military papers while serving in the Mexican and Civil Wars, as Indian Commissioner to make treaties with the Sioux in Montana and Dakota and while working on the Union Pacific Railroad. Family letters also record Samuel Stephen Curtis's experiences prospecting in California, 1858-60.
- Certified, a true copy. T. I. McKenny.
- 1 L. (2 p.) ; 33 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been partially digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- WA MSS 124
- Collection Title
- Samuel Ryan Curtis Papers
- Collection/Other Creator
- Curtis, Samuel Ryan, 1805-1866
- Collection Date
- Container / Volume
- Box 1 | Folder 3
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
122-125, p. 50-55.
A detailed list of papers in the collection can be found in; Withington, M. C. Catalogue of Western Americana Manuscripts,
Samuel Ryan Curtis Papers. Yale Collection of Western Americana, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)