- Account book.
- Alternative Title
- Mill Inventory and Accounts
- Bacon, Nathaniel, 1547-1622
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on paper tablet of Account book, being a record of Stiffkey mill belonging to Nathaniel Bacon (1546?-1622) for the time period 8 December 1576-1579/80. Contains weekly statements of George Brigges, John Wilson, Thomas Shorten, William Fether, Robert Merkyn, and Henry Corye.
Binding: Nineteenth century. Half green goatskin with green cloth sides, gold- and blind-tooled. Leaves of a didactic theological text (Germany, ca. 1250) bound at beginning and end; probably a bifolium. Parchment; 291 x 196 (220 x 155) mm. Written above top line in a small gothic bookhand. Initials in red or green with penwork designs of the other color. Stained, but with little loss of text.
Most folios are wrinkled, torn; some have been mended.
Script: Written by several individuals in informal cursive scripts.
Watermarks: unidentified pot.
- ff. vi + i + 21 + i + x : paper ; ca. 305 x 205 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 195
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Renaissance--England--16th century
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
- Great Britain--Economic conditions--16th century
- Subject (Name)
Pennypacker, Samuel W. (Samuel Whitaker), 1843-1916
- Subject (Topic)
Didactic literature, Latin (Medieval and modern)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Nathaniel Bacon, Account Book. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library,
- Orbis Record
- More Information