The digital version of this work is restricted due to copyright or other restrictions.
- Satoda, Yonekazu, 1921-
- Published / Created
- 1942 May 12-1945 February 13
Material related to his internment at the Jerome Relocation Center includes a diary he kept from May 1942 to February 1945, as well as photographs that document the camp and his family.
Material related to his military service includes training information from Officer Candidate School at the Infantry School at Fort Benning, Georgia, as well as photographs and moving films created during his service in Japan.
This collection includes papers, photographs, and moving films that document the internment of Japanese American Yonekazu Satoda at the Jerome Relocation Center in Denison, Arkansas, 1942-1945, as well as his military service with the United States Army in Japan, 1946-1948. Additional material documents other aspects of his life, especially his education as an accountant, as well as correspondence with friends and businesses.
- Blank pages at end not digitized.
- 1 folder
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- WA MSS S-2897
- Collection Title
- Yonekazu Satoda papers, photographs, and moving films
- Collection/Other Creator
- Satoda, Yonekazu, 1921-
- Collection Date
- Collection Note
- Series I. Papers. Personal Papers
- Container / Volume
- Box 1 | Folder 1
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
Japan--History--Allied occupation, 1945-1952--Pictorial works
- Subject (Name)
Infantry School (U.S.)
Jerome Relocation Center (Ark.)
Jerome Relocation Center (Ark.)--Pictorial works
United States.--Army--Officers--Pictorial works
- Subject (Topic)
Concentration camps--Arkansas--Pictorial works
Japanese American soldiers
Japanese American soldiers--Pictorial works
Japanese Americans--Forced removal and internment, 1942-1945
World War, 1939-1945--Concentration camps--Arkansas
World War, 1939-1945--Concentration camps--Arkansas--Pictorial works
World War, 1939-1945--Japanese Americans
World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, Japanese American
Access And Usage Rights
- Yale Community Only
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Yonekazu Satoda Papers, Photographs, and Films. Yale Collection of Western Americana, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.