When you leave the relocation center
- When you leave the relocation center
- Published / Created
- Records related to a community government formed by Japanese American internees at the Poston Relocation Center, Arizona, 1942-1945. Material includes reports from committees on health care, social welfare, and education, as well as a charter for the community government. The collection also includes memoranda about camp governance and other publications in English and Japanese distributed by the United States War Relocation Authority, as well as contemporary newspaper clippings about relocation centers and Japanese Americans.
- The Poston Relocation Center in Arizona was the largest of the ten Japanese American internment camps operated by the United States War Relocation Authority during World War II, 1942-1945.
- 1 vol. ; 26 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- WA MSS S-2650
- Collection Title
- Records related to the community government at the Poston Relocation Center, Arizona
- Collection Date
- Container / Volume Information
- Box 1 | Folder 40
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Subject (Geographic)
- Poston (Ariz.)
- Subject (Name)
Poston Relocation Center (Ariz.)
United States.--War Relocation Authority
- Subject (Topic)
Concentration camps--United States
Japanese Americans--Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945
World War, 1939-1945--Concentration camps--Arizona--Poston
World War, 1939-1945--Concentration camps--United States
World War, 1939-1945--Evacuation of civilians
World War, 1939-1945--Japanese Americans
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Records Related to the Community Government at the Poston Relocation Center, Arizona. Yale Collection of Western Americana, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Orbis Record