Sketches in Spain, Portugal and France, during the war / taken by Lieut. Col. Thos. Staunton St. Clair, from 1810 to 1813.
- Sketches in Spain, Portugal and France, during the war / taken by Lieut. Col. Thos. Staunton St. Clair, from 1810 to 1813.
- Alternative Title
- Sketches in the peninsula during the war from 1812 to 1814
- St. Clair, Thomas Staunton
- Published / Created
- Album of watercolors depicting Belém Castle on the river Tagus, Coimbra and Sabugal, Portugal, the Battle of Bussaco, the march to Badajoz, the crossing at Villa Velha, the Siege of Badajoz, crossing the Bridge of Alcántara, Spain, and the Pyrenees taken from Arbonne in France. Captions carry detailed descriptions of battles and countryside.
- Gift of William Ireland Starr.
- 1 album (9 watercolors) ; 53.5 x 36.7 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- GEN MSS 410 (folio)
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
Badajoz (Spain)--History--Siege, 1812
Coimbra (Portugal)--Pictorial works
Tagus River (Spain and Portugal)--Pictorial works
- Subject (Topic)
Bussaco, Battle of, Portugal, 1810--Pictorial works
Napoleonic Wars, 1800-1815--Pictorial works
Peninsular War, 1807-1814--Spain
Torre de Belém (Lisbon, Portugal)--Pictorial works
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Thomas Staunton St. Clair, Sketches in the Peninsula During the War from 1810 to 1814. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record