The Prussian octopus. [graphic].
- The Prussian octopus. [graphic].
- H. & C. Graham Ltd., lithographer
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- London :
- H. & C. Graham Ltd., Lith.,
- Print shows a map of Europe with two octopuses superimposed, tentacles outstretched, over territories annexed, invaded, subjugated, etc. by Prussia.
Text continues: "'We do not threaten small nations,' declared the German Chancellor on December 10th, 1915. 'We do not wage the war which has been forced upon us in order to subjugate foreign peoples, but for the protection of our life an
Title from item.
1 print :
image 36 x 49.8 cm., sheet 39 x 54 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- 11hc 1915P
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
Germany--Foreign public opinion, British--Caricatures and cartoons
Germany--Foreign relations--Europe--20th century--Maps
- Subject (Topic)
Propaganda, Anti-German--Great Britain
World War, 1914-1918--Caricatures and cartoons
World War, 1914-1918--Territorial questions--Germany--Maps
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Orbis Record