Collins Overland Telegraph Company diary, 1865 May 17-1866 Apr 15.
- Collins Overland Telegraph Company diary, 1865 May 17-1866 Apr 15.
- Pope, Ralph W
- Published / Created
- 1865 May 17-1866 Apr 15.
- Holograph manuscript diary, written by Ralph W. Pope while employed as a telegrapher in British Columbia by the Collins Overland Telegraph Company. The diary describes his experiences as a member of an exploring party in the Fraser River region led by Franklin Leonard Pope, and his work in constructing telegraph lines in the region and as a telegrapher in Quesnel.
- Manuscript diary is written from both directions and in both orientations.
- 1 v. (ca. 250 p.) ; 12 x 20 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- WA MSS S-1897
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Diaries--British Columbia--19th century
journals (accounts): diaries (AAT)
- Subject (Geographic)
British Columbia--Discovery and exploration
Fraser River Region (B.C.)--Description and travel
- Subject (Name)
Butler, James L
Collins Overland Telegraph Company
Pope, Frank L.--(Franklin Leonard),--1840-1895
Pope, Ralph W
- Subject (Topic)
- Telegraph--British Columbia
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Ralph W. Pope, Collins Overland Telegraph Company Diary. Western Americana Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record