Emendatio vitae and other works.
- Emendatio vitae and other works.
- Rolle, Richard, 1290?-1349.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1425-1450]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript, on parchment, in a single hand, containing Middle English versions of several works by Rolle, including Emendatio vitae; Ego dormio; The Commandment; and Form of Living. Also contains a Middle English version of Walter Hilton's Mixed Life. and The volume also contains Johannes de Rupescissa, Tractatus de Quinta Essentia (ca. 1470). 84 l. Manuscript on paper, in a single gothic bookhand. In Latin. Preceded by a title page dated 1650.
Binding: seventeenth-century limp vellum.
Decoration: some rubrication.
Formerly owned by James Cobbes; Cox Macro (MS 101); Hudson Gurney; Q. E. Gurney; J P. R. Lyell; H. L. Bradfer-Lawrence (MS 10). From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Layout: single columns of 25-31 lines.
Script: English bookhand.
- 37 l. : parchment ; 180 x 135 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
English, Middle (1100-1500)
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 66
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
Hilton, Walter, -1396. Epistle on the medled life.
Johannes, de Rupescissa, approximately 1300-approximately 1365.
Lyell, James P. R.--(James Patrick Ronaldson),--1871-
- Subject (Topic)
Alchemy--Early works to 1800.
Devotional literature, English (Middle)
English literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
English prose literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Richard Rolle, Emendatio vitae and Other Works. Takamiya MS 66.
- Orbis Record