Chronicle of the kings of England.
- Chronicle of the kings of England.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1275, ca. 1435]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript chronicle roll, on parchment, in two hands. The first three membranes contain a late thirteenth-century chronicle in Latin prose on the kings of England from Atheldred to Henry III. The last two membranes contain John Lydgate's Middle English Verses on the kings of England.
Binding: modern case.
Decoration: decorative frames around names of kings and families.
From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Layout: single column.
Script: two gothic bookhands.
- 1 roll : parchment ; 3376 x 225 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
English, Middle (1100-1500)
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 35
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--England--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
- Great Britain--Kings and rulers--Chronology.
- Subject (Name)
- Lydgate, John, 1370?-1451?
- Subject (Topic)
English literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
English poetry--Middle English, 1100-1500.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Chronicle of the Kings of England. Takamiya MS 35.
- Orbis Record