Necrology and land register for the parish church of Hollain
- Necrology and land register for the parish church of Hollain
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- [Hainaut (Belgium)],
- Manuscript, on parchment, in a liturgical Gothic bookhand, with additional notes in later hands, containing a necrology for the parish church of Hollain in Hainaut, including information concerning the deceased, the donors, the donated properties, and the fees for the celebrants. A brief list of obits (ff. 4-9v) is followed by a detailed list, organized in calendar form (ff. 14-47). Notes added to some entries in later hands contain corrections and updates to the original entries. The perpetual calendar of obits is followed by a register of lands and incomes held by the parish of Hollain (ff. 48-64v.).
Binding: Remnant of original wooden binding attached to back of volume.
Decoration: Rubricated. Initials in red or blue; paragraph marks in alternating red and blue.
In Middle French, with some Latin.
Layout: single column with varying number of lines.
Ownership inscription on verso of last leaf: "Alard Sprien pasteur de Hollain 1647 26 Januarii."
Ownership inscription on verso of last leaf: "Paul François Deschamps pasteur de hollain le 12 de decembre 1693."
Ownership inscription on verso of last leaf: "Pierre Lemari pasteur de hollain, x julii 1660."
Ownership inscription on verso of last leaf:"Antoine Descamps pasteur de Hollain 1607."
Purchased from Les Enluminures on the Edwin J. Beinecke Book Fund, 2013.
Script: Gothic liturgical bookhand.
- 68 ff. : parchment ; 350 x 270 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
French, Middle (ca.1400-1600)
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 1185
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Death registers--Hainaut (Belgium)--15th century
Manuscripts, Medieval--Hainaut (Belgium)--15th century
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
- Hainaut (Belgium)--Early works to 1800
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Finance--Early works to 1800
- Subject (Topic)
Church property--Hainaut (Belgium)--Early works to 1800
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Necrologies--Early works to 1800
Obituaries--Early works to 1800
Parishes (Canon law)--Hainaut (Belgium)--Early works to 1800
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Necrology and Land Register for the Parish Church of Hollain. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information