Africa / compiled and drawn in the Cartographic Section of the National Geographic Society ; James M. Darley, chief cartographer.
- Africa / compiled and drawn in the Cartographic Section of the National Geographic Society ; James M. Darley, chief cartographer.
- National Geographic Society (U.S.). Cartographic Section
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Washington, D.C. :
- The Society,
"International boundaries as of Sept. 1, 1939."
Includes a chart of airline distances.
Inset: Relief. Scale 562 miles to 1 inch.
Issued with the National Geographic magazine, v. 83, no. 2, February 1943.
Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- 1 map : col. ; 75 x 70 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Azimuthal equal-area proj. (poles of proj. at latitude 15⁰ north longitude 20⁰ east)
- Scale 1:11,721,600. 185 miles to 1 in. ;
- (W 18⁰--E 58⁰/N 45⁰--S 35⁰), 11721600, a, E0580000, N0450000, S0350000, and W0180000
- Call Number
- 60 1943
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Orbis Record