America with those known parts in that unknowne worlde both people and manner of buildings / discribed and inlarged by I.S., ano 1626 ; Abraham Goos ... sculpsit.
- America with those known parts in that unknowne worlde both people and manner of buildings / discribed and inlarged by I.S., ano 1626 ; Abraham Goos ... sculpsit.
- Speed, John, 1552?-1629
- Published / Created
- [1626 or 1627]
- Publication Place
- [London] :
- Are to be sold in Pops-head Alley against the exchange by G. Humble,
Includes text, inset of Greenland, col. ill. of native figures and town views in margins.
Matches item 2, dated 1626-7, in Tooley's California as an island (Map collector's circle, no. 8); Boston and Long Island not marked, [p.] 9-10 on verso.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 35 x 44 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale [ca. 1:46 000 000].
- 46000000 and a
- Call Number
- 70 1626A
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
America--Maps--Early works to 1800
Western Hemisphere--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Subject (Name)
Humble, George, d. 1640
- Subject (Topic)
Cities and towns--America--Aerial views--Early works to 1800
Indigenous peoples--America--Portraits--Early works to 1800
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Wagner, H.R. Cartog. of the NW coast, 301b
- Orbis Record