Map of America / by A. Arrowsmith ; engraved by W. West, the hills by H. Wilson.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Map of America / by A. Arrowsmith ; engraved by W. West, the hills by H. Wilson.
- Map of America / by A. Arrowsmith ; engraved by W. West, the hills by H. Wilson.
- Arrowsmith, Aaron, 1750-1823
W. & G. Cooke
West, W., engraver
Wilson, H., engraver
- Published / Created
- [betw. 1804 and 1811?]
- Publication Place
- London :
- A. Arrowsmith, No. 10 Soho Square,
Date inferred from Stevens and Tree's Comparative cartography, which lists two issues, date
Date on map: 4th September 1804.
Includes ornate title cartouche with American plants and animals, engraved by W. & G. Cooke.
Relief shown by hachures and shading.
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand col., mounted on linen ; 119 x 144 cm., on sheets 68 x 79 cm. or smaller.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Scale [ca. 1:14,700,000].
- 14700000 and a
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- 70 1808
- Container / Volume
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
Goss, J. Mapping of North America, map 70, p. 152
Stevens & Tree. Comparative cartography, 1, p. 306
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)