A new map of North America shewing its principal divisions, chief cities, townes, rivers, mountains &c. / delin. M. Burg. ; sculpt. Univ. Oxon.
- A new map of North America shewing its principal divisions, chief cities, townes, rivers, mountains &c. / delin. M. Burg. ; sculpt. Univ. Oxon.
- Wells, Edward, 1667-1727
- Published / Created
- between 1700 and 1722?]
- Publication Place
- [England? :
"Dedicated to His Highness William Duke of Glocester."
Dates inferred from variant listed in Tooley's Mapping of America, dated "" and variant in Phillips' Maps of America, described as in 1722 ed. of Wells' A new sett of maps.
Library's copy stampe
- 1 map : hand col. ; 36 x 48 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale [ca. 1:21,000,000]
- (W 126⁰--W 15⁰/N 70⁰--N 5⁰)., 21000000, a, N0050000, N0700000, W0150000, and W1260000
- Call Number
- 71 1722 A
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
California as an island--1700
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
Caribbean Area--Maps--Early works to 1800
North America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Subject (Name)
University of Oxford
Wells, Edward, 1667-1727. New sett of maps both of antient and present geography
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- McLaughlin, G. Mapping California as an island, 142, Phillips. Maps of America, p. 568, and Tooley, R.V. Mapping of America, p. 128, no. 69
- Orbis Record