Plan of the city and environs of Quebec, with its siege and blockade by the Americans : from the 8th of December 1775 to the 13th of May 1776 / Engraved by Wm. Faden.
- Plan of the city and environs of Quebec, with its siege and blockade by the Americans : from the 8th of December 1775 to the 13th of May 1776 / Engraved by Wm. Faden.
- Faden, William, 1749-1836, engraver
- Published / Created
- 12 Septemr. 1776.
- Publication Place
- London :
- Wm. Faden (successor to the late Mr. Thos. Jefferys) corner of St. Martin's Lane,
Coordinates not present on map and are approximated.
Mounted on cloth.
Relief shown by hachures and pictorially.
Shows positions of American troops and batteries, with a table of references identifying major features of the town's defenses.
- 1 map : hand col., mounted on cloth ; 45 x 62 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale [ca. 1:7,320].
- (W 71°15ʹ35ʺ--W 71°10ʹ47ʺ/N 46°49ʹ47ʺ--N 46°47ʹ24ʺ)., 046.823333, 046.829722, -071.179722, -071.259722, 7320, and a
- Call Number
- 734 Q31 1776
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
Québec (Québec)--History--Siege, 1775-1776--Maps
Québec (Québec)--Maps--Early works to 1800
United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Kershaw, Kenneth. Early printed maps of Canada, 4, no. 1041 and Nebenzahl, Kenneth. A bibliography of printed battle plans, 44
- Orbis Record