Photographs of the Menominee Warrior Society occupation of the Alexian Brothers Novitiate, Gresham, Wisconsin.
The digital version of this work is restricted due to copyright or other restrictions.
- Photographs of the Menominee Warrior Society occupation of the Alexian Brothers Novitiate, Gresham, Wisconsin.
- Luck, Owen Craig, 1947-
- Published / Created
Photographs of the Menominee Warrior Society armed occupation of the Alexian Brothers Novitiate, Gresham, Wisconsin, January-February 1975. Images include interiors and exteriors of the monastery, portraits of Menominee Warrior Society wearing ski masks, portraits of Wisconsin National Guard Colonel Hugh Simonson, a children's sweat lodge, and members of the Menominee Warrior Society hand-cuffed to members of the Shawano County Sheriff Department. Group portraits include members of the Menominee Warrior Society, Wisconsin National Guard soldiers, and supporters Dennis Banks of the American Indian Movement and actor Marlon Brando. Incidental images include a portrait of Stanley Holder and a Tlingit woman scraping a deer hide with an ulu knife.
Photographs signed by the photographer on verso, often with accompanying manuscript captions.
Prints created by the photographer ca. 2000.
Purchased from Owen Luck on the Walter McClintock Memorial Fund, 2001.
Title devised by cataloger.
- 26 photographic prints (in 2 boxes) : b & w ; 27.6 x 35.3 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- WA Photos 337
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
- Photographic prints
- Subject (Geographic)
- Gresham (Wis.)
- Subject (Name)
Alexian Brothers Novitiate (Gresham, Wis.)
American Indian Movement
Luck, Owen Craig,--1947-
Menominee Warrior Society
- Subject (Topic)
Indian children--Pictorial works
Indians of North America--Pictorial works
Indians of North America--Portraits
Menominee Indians--Government relations
Menominee Indians--Pictorial works
Tlingit Indians--Pictorial works
Access And Usage Rights
- Yale Community Only
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Owen Luck, Photographs of the Menominee Warrior Society Occupation of the Alexian Brothers Novitiate, Gresham, Wisconsin. Yale Collection of Western Americana, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)