A new and exact map of the dominions of the King of Great Britain on ye continent of North America : containing Newfoundland, New Scotland, New England, New York, New Jersey, Pensilvania, Maryland, Virginia, and Carolina ... / by Herman Moll, geographer.
- A new and exact map of the dominions of the King of Great Britain on ye continent of North America : containing Newfoundland, New Scotland, New England, New York, New Jersey, Pensilvania, Maryland, Virginia, and Carolina ... / by Herman Moll, geographer.
- Alternative Title
- [South part of Carolina, and the east part of Florida], Draught of ye town and harbour of Charles-town, Map of the improved part of Carolina with the settlements, Map of the principal part of North America, and View of ye industry of ye beavers of Canada
- Moll, Herman, d. 1732
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- [London] :
- Sold by H. Moll over against Deverux Court in the Strand,
Dedication: "To the honourable Walter Dowglass ... by ... Herman Moll ... "
Hand col. On sheet 103 x 64 cm. Recto: Numbered "11" in ink ms. Verso: Stamped "Yale Horace Brown 1900S".
Similar to description in Tooley, p. 87, map 55, 1715 (a).
- 1 map ; 99 x 60 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale [ca. 1:3,168,000].
- 3168000 and a
- Call Number
- 755 1715
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
Great Britain--Colonies--America--Maps--Early works to 1800
North America--Maps--Early works to 1800
United States--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Subject (Name)
Dowglass, Walter, dedicatee
Moll, Herman, d. 1732, dedicator
Moll, Herman, d. 1732, publisher
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Cumming, W. P. Southeast in early maps, 158, McCorkle, B. B. New England in early printed maps 1513-1800, p. 78, map 715.1, and Tooley, R. V. Mapping of America, pp. 87-88, map 55
- Orbis Record