A new and exact map of the dominions of the King of Great Britain on ye continent of North America : containing Newfoundland, New Scotland, New England, New York, New Jersey, Pensilvania, Maryland, Virginia, and Carolina ... / by Herman Moll, geographer.
- A new and exact map of the dominions of the King of Great Britain on ye continent of North America : containing Newfoundland, New Scotland, New England, New York, New Jersey, Pensilvania, Maryland, Virginia, and Carolina ... / by Herman Moll, geographer.
- Alternative Title
- [South part of Carolina, and the east part of Florida], Draught of ye town and harbour of Charles-town, Map of the improved part of Carolina with the settlements, Map of the principal part of North America, and View of ye industry of ye beavers of Canada
- Moll, Herman, d. 1732
- Published / Created
- 1715 [i.e., 1726?]
- Publication Place
- [London] :
- Sold by H. Moll and by I. King at ye globe and ye poultrey near Stocks Market,
Dedication: "To the honourable Walter Dowglass ... by ... Herman Moll ... "
Hand col. On sheet 104 x 64 cm. Recto: Stamped "Yale Horace Brown 1900S". Verso: Numbered "VIIIth" in ink ms.; labeled "English Dom: in N.
Publication date from Tooley.
- 1 map ; 99 x 60 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale [ca. 1:3,168,000].
- 3168000 and a
- Call Number
- 755 1715B
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
France--Colonies--America--Maps--Early works to 1800
Great Britain--Colonies--America--Maps--Early works to 1800
United States--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Subject (Name)
Dowglass, Walter, dedicatee
King, John, fl. 1710-1749, publisher
Moll, Herman, d. 1732, publisher
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Cumming, W. P. Southeast in early maps, 158, McCorkle, B. B. New England in early printed maps 1513-1800, 715.1, and Tooley, R. V. Mapping of America, pp. 87-88, map 55
- Orbis Record