A Christmas carol in prose : being a ghost story of Christmas / by Charles Dickens ; with illustrations by John Leech.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > A Christmas carol in prose : being a ghost story of Christmas / by Charles Dickens ; with illustrations by John Leech.
- A Christmas carol in prose : being a ghost story of Christmas / by Charles Dickens ; with illustrations by John Leech.
- Alternative Title
- Christmas carol
- Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870
Leech, John, 1817-1864
- Published / Created
- 1844 [i.e 1843]
- Publication Place
- London :
- Chapman & Hall,
"London: Bradbury and Evans, printers, Whitefriars"--T.p. verso.
Bookplate of William Menzies. Bookseller's label: G. Mann, bookseller, 39 Cornhill. Advertising matter:  p. at end not included in pagination.
First state of first ed. (cf. Gimbel) or trial issue (cf. Eckel): t.p. in green and red; green lining papers; "Stave I" on p. .
Published December, 1843.
- 166 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 17 cm.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Gimbel/Dickens A79 2
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Eckel, J.C. Dickens, p. 110-115
Gimbel, R. Earliest states of first eds. of Dickens' Christmas carol. (Princeton Univ. Lib. chronicle, v. 19, no. 2 (winter 1958))
Podeschi, J.B. Dickens, A79, 1st-5th copies
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)