Compendium historiae in genealogia Christi.
- Compendium historiae in genealogia Christi.
- Peter, of Poitiers, approximately 1130-1205
- Published / Created
- [between 1300 and 1350]
- Publication Place
- [Northern Italy] ;
- Decorated roll containing the text of the Compendium historiae in genealogia Christi by Peter of Poitiers (Petrus Pictaviensis). The text, presented in genealogical tree format, appears to be a copy of the second version of this work, containing the full text of the first version accompanied by interpolations from the Historia scholastica and other sources.
Decoration: text is presented as a genealogical tree, in brown ink, with rubrication; initials in red and blue ink; roundels and planned spaces for diagrams and miniatures (unfinished) outlined in red and blue ink. Linking genealogical tree branches and diagram lines in red and blue ink. Complex grid for layout of design elements ruled in plummet.
Format: seven membranes sewn together to form one roll.
Layout: single vertical column in the form of a genealogical tree.
Ownership inscriptions at top and bottom of roll: Conradus Mondone Astensis. (Corrado Mondone d'Asti, Master General of the Dominican Order, 1462-1465).
Purchased from Les Enluminures on the Edwin J. Beinecke Book Fund and the Albert C. Childs Fund, 2014.
Script: single gothic book hand.
- 1 roll : parchment ; 3445 x 35 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 1183
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--14th century
Scrolls (information artifacts)
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
Jesus Christ--Genealogy--Early works to 1800
Mondone d'Asti, Corrado,--Autograph
Peter,--of Poitiers,--approximately 1130-1205
- Subject (Topic)
Bible--Commentaries--Early works to 1800
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Peter of Poitiers, Compendium historiae in genealogia Christi. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information