One of the satanic school [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > One of the satanic school [graphic].
- One of the satanic school [graphic].
- Fores, S. W., publisher.
- Published / Created
- Feby. 18, 1827.
- Publication Place
- 41 Piccadilly, London, pubd. by S.W. Fores
A man with a wild head of hair and beard stands with his arms crossed in a parlor as the ladies look on in horror. An older gentleman addresses a young woman on the right. The caption below reads: What a shocking place of education, but it's the fashion you know
Title etched below image.
Imprint statement flanks both side of title.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
- 1 print : plate mark 15.3 x 19 cm, on sheet 19 x 23 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1827
Etchings England London 1827
- etching ; and wove paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress
Clothing & dress > England > 1820-1830
Dandies > British
England > 1827
England > London > 1827
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)