A conservative angel [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > A conservative angel [graphic]
- A conservative angel [graphic]
- Grant, C. J. (Charles Jameson), active 1830-1852, printmaker
- Birchinall, Edward, active 1831-1838, publisher.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Bury St. Edmunds
- Published by the Society of Surppression of Conservative Vice & Sold by E. Birchinall, Churchgate St., Bury St Edds., Suffolk, England, Great Britain, Europe
Satire against Conservative policies: The 'Conservative Angel' top centre brings 'all Ale to Spirits', dispensing beer from a tankard marked 'vote for Lush'. A 'Nunn at Devotions' prays for the defeat of radicals and two figures on a wheel are 'just caught in the Conservative rat trap'. Other figures include Jim Crow, two fish (brother Gudgeon and friend Haddock) jumping for bait, and 'Don Diego de Carle-os Lie-ing in State'.
- Title from text centered at the top of the image.
- 1 print : sheet 32.1 x 51 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)