J. De Cordova's map of the state of Texas / compiled from the records of the general land office of the state by Robert Creuzbaur ; engraved by J.M. Atwood.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > J. De Cordova's map of the state of Texas / compiled from the records of the general land office of the state by Robert Creuzbaur ; engraved by J.M. Atwood.
- J. De Cordova's map of the state of Texas / compiled from the records of the general land office of the state by Robert Creuzbaur ; engraved by J.M. Atwood.
- Alternative Title
Map of the state of Texas
State of Texas
- Creuzbaur, Robert
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- [United States :
"Entered according to Act of Congress on the 28th day of July 1848 by J. De Cordova in the Clerks Office of the United States District Court for the District of Texas."
"Without my signature all copies of this map have been fraudulently obtained. J. De Cordova."
From the Streeter collection.
Includes elliptical inset of southwestern U.S. and Mexico. Scale [ca. 1:9,000,000].
Includes list of land districts and text.
Library's copy annotated in pencil and red ink.
Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington.
Relief shown by hachures.
- l map : hand col., dissected and mounted on linen ; 83 x 74 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale [ca. 1:1,200,000]
- (W 102⁰--W 93⁰/N 35⁰--N 25⁰)., 1200000, a, N0250000, N0350000, W0930000, and W1020000
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- 796 1850
- Container / Volume
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
Texas--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- Subject (Name)
Atwood, John M., b. ca. 1818
De Cordova, Jacob, 1808-1868
Streeter, Thomas W.--(Thomas Winthrop),--1883-1965--Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Similar to Texas State Library. Maps of Texas, 1527-1900, 1021, p. 87
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)