Map of the river Sabine from its mouth on the Gulf of Mexico in the sea to Logan's Ferry in latitude 31⁰, 58', 24" north, shewing the boundary between the United States and the Republic of Texas between said points, as marked and laid down by survey in 18
- Map of the river Sabine from its mouth on the Gulf of Mexico in the sea to Logan's Ferry in latitude 31⁰, 58', 24" north, shewing the boundary between the United States and the Republic of Texas between said points, as marked and laid down by survey in 18
- Lee, Thomas Jefferson, 1808-1891
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- [United States? :
"Though the map ... has an 1840 date, it appears from a letter of J.H. Overton, United States Commissioner, dated Opelousas, Louisiana, August 10, 1841 ... and the reply of October 1, 1841 ... that the maps ... had not been forwarded at that time. However, they had been received by January 15, 1842 ... and that they were issued by March 17, 1842, is shown by the reprintings of them accompanying the President's message of that date"--Streeter, Bibliography of Texas, 1438.
From the Streeter collection.
Includes text and table.
Relief shown by hachures and depths shown by soundings.
- 1 map on 5 sheets : hand col. ; 425 x 294 cm., sheets 94 x 79 cm. and 78 x 79 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale [ca. 1:63,360]
- 63360, a, N0293500, N0315824, W0933000, and W940000
- Call Number
- 796fab Sa13 1842H
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
Sabine River (Tex. and La.)--Maps
- Subject (Name)
Graham, J. D. (James Duncan), 1799-1865
Gray, A. B. (Andrew Belcher), 1820-1862
Meade, George Gordon, 1815-1872
Pillans, P.J. (Palmer Job), 1816-1898
Streeter, Thomas W.--(Thomas Winthrop
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Streeter, T.W. Bibliography of Texas, 1439
- Orbis Record