A counciller [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > A counciller [graphic]
- A counciller [graphic]
- Alternative Title
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker
- Published / Created
- [1 January 1801]
- Publication Place
- Pub. Jany. 1st, 1801, by S.W. Fores, No. 50 Piccadilly
"An obese and carbuncled barrister stands in profile to the left, shouting with raised fingers; in his left hand is a sheaf of papers. He wears the wig of a serjeant-at-law, with its black patch (cf. No. 5900), and his gown drapes his old-fashioned professional dress. Behind him (right) stands a senile-looking and spectacled colleague, while a third (left), also in a serjeant's wig, sits in back view in an arm-chair."--British Museum online catalogue
Title etched below image.
Printseller's announcement following publication statement: Folios of caracatures [sic] lent out for the evening.
A companion print to: A money scrivener.
- 1 print : plate mark 34.7 x 24.5 cm, on sheet 39 x 26 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1801
Stipple engravings England London 1801
Etchings England London 1801
- etching and stipple ; and wove paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Topic)
England > 1801
England > London > 1801
Riviere & Son > Binding
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley > Ownership
Harvey, Francis > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)