The Salutation Tavern [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > The Salutation Tavern [graphic]
- The Salutation Tavern [graphic]
- Bretherton, James, approximately 1730-1806, printmaker
Bunbury, Henry William, 1750-1811, artist.
Fores, S. W., publisher.
- Published / Created
- [21 July 1801]
- Publication Place
- Pub'd July 21, 1801, by S.W. Fores, 50 Piccadilly
"Satire contrasting British and Continental customs: a portly Briton bows to an elegant French or Italian man with a long queue apparently in a piazza."--British Museum online catalogue, description of an earlier state
Title from text below image.
Reissue, with different imprint statement and text below image burnished out, of a print originally published 20 March 1773 by J. Bretherton. Cf. No. 4716 in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 4.
Embossed stamp of publisher in lower right corner of sheet: S.W.F.
- 1 print : plate mark 23 x 31.8 cm, on sheet 25 x 34 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Bunbury 801.07.21.02+
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)