An undertakers visit! [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > An undertakers visit! [graphic]
- An undertakers visit! [graphic]
Newton, Richard, 1777-1798, artist.
Tegg, Thomas, 1776-1846, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [not before 26 February 1807]
- Publication Place
- T. Tegg, 111 Cheapside
An undertaker, bearing a coffin, presents himself before a rotund figure smoking pipe, sitting in a chair
Title etched below image.
Later state, with beginning of imprint statement burnished from plate.
Date of publication based on earlier state bearing a more complete imprint with the year crossed out but still legible: Pubd. Febry. 26, 1807, by T. Tegg, 111 Cheapside. Cf. British Museum online catalogue, registration no.: 2001,0520.42.
Imperfect; sheet trimmed within plate mark with loss of bottom half of title lettering.
Plate from: Woodward, G.M. Caricature magazine, or Hudibrastic mirror. London : Thomas Tegg, [1808?], v. 4.
Also issued separately.
Plate numbered "297" in the upper right corner.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Watermark: A 1819 [partially trimmed].
Mounted to 27 x 35.2 cm.
- 1 print : sheet 25.8 x 35.2 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Collection Title
- V. 4. Caricature magazine, or, Hudibrastic mirror.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Woodward, G. M. (George Moutard), approximately 1760-1809.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1807
Etchings England London 1807
Watermarks (Paper) 1817
Watermarks (Paper) 1819
- etching ; and wove paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Topic)
England > 1807
England > London > 1807
Johnstone, Henry Arthur > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)