Map of the ceded part of Dakota Territory : showing also portions of Minnesota, Iowa & Nebraska / compiled by B.M. Smith and A.J. Hill.
- Map of the ceded part of Dakota Territory : showing also portions of Minnesota, Iowa & Nebraska / compiled by B.M. Smith and A.J. Hill.
- Smith, B. M. (Byron M.)
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Saint Paul, Minnesota :
- Louis Buechner
"Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1861 by B.M. Smith and A.J. Hill, in the Clerk's Office of the District Court for the District of Minnesota."
"Lith. by Louis Buechner, Saint Paul, Minnesota."
Inset: Outline map of Dakota Territory.
Shows counties and public lands township grid for eastern portion of Dakota Territory and for parts of Minnesota, Nebraska and Iowa, military reservations and outposts, Indian reservations, Indian treaty boundary lines, existing trails and wagon roads, proposed roads, historic routes of exploration, areas of Indian habitation, railroads, cities, and existing and proposed towns.
- 1 map ; col.; 43 x 59 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale 1:10,000,000
- [W 100°--W 94°/N 46°--N42°]., [W 114°--W 96°/N 50°--N 42°]., 1000000, 10000000, a, N0420000, N0460000, N0500000, W0940000, W0960000, W1000000, and W1140000
- Call Number
- 821 1861
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
Hill, A. J. (Alfred James), 1823-1895
- Subject (Topic)
Cities and towns--Dakota Territory--Maps
Discoveries in geography--Maps
Indian reservations--Dakota Territory--Maps
Indians of North America--Maps
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Orbis Record