Map of the territory of Montana with portions of the adjoining territories / compiled and drawn by W.W. De Lacy of the Surveyor General's Office, Helena, M.T. ; engraved, printed and published by G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co.
- Map of the territory of Montana with portions of the adjoining territories / compiled and drawn by W.W. De Lacy of the Surveyor General's Office, Helena, M.T. ; engraved, printed and published by G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co.
- De Lacy, W. W. (Walter Washington), 1819-1892
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- New York :
- Colton & Co.,
"Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1870 by W.W. DeLacy in the Office of the Librarian of Congress at Washington."
Includes bibliographic references.
Inset: Map of the northwestern portion of the United States. Scale [ca. 1:7,200,000]. Shows area from Lake Michigan to the Pacific Ocean.
Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington.
Relief shown by hachures.
Shows Indian/"military reserves," areas mined for gold, silver, copper, iron and coal, and Yellowstone region.
- 1 map : hand col., mounted on linen ; 71 x 102 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale [ca. 1:1,300,000].
- 1300000, a, N0413000, N0500000, W1030000, and W1200000
- Call Number
- 831 1870
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
Yellowstone National Park Region--Maps
- Subject (Name)
G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co
United States. Surveyor General
- Subject (Topic)
Mines and mineral resources--Montana--Maps
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Wheat, C.I. Mapping the transmississippi West, 1211
- Orbis Record