Map of a portion of the Sierra Nevada adjacent to the Yosemite Valley / from surveys made by Chs. F. Hoffmann and J.T. Gardner, 1863-1867 ; Geological Survey of California ; J.D. Whitney, State Geologist.
- Map of a portion of the Sierra Nevada adjacent to the Yosemite Valley / from surveys made by Chs. F. Hoffmann and J.T. Gardner, 1863-1867 ; Geological Survey of California ; J.D. Whitney, State Geologist.
- Geological Survey of California
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Lafayette, CA :
- Great West Books,
"From an original in the Bancroft Library ..."
Accompanied by text ( p.)
Extends from Mariposa to Big Oak Flat and east to Mono Lake.
Relief shown by hachures.
Unlike earlier ed., area east of Bridgeport is hachured, and a number of names have been changed including "Wagon road between Coulterville and Gentry's" changed from "Coulterville and Yosemite trail."
- 1 map ; 50 x 76 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale [1:126,720] 2 miles to 1 in.
- (W 120⁰12ʹ--W 119⁰08ʹ/N 38⁰01ʹ--N 37⁰26ʹ), 126720, a, N0372600, N0380100, W1190800, and W1201200
- [2nd ed.]
- Call Number
- 844gcr Si17 1867
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.)--Maps--Facsimiles
Yosemite National Park (Calif.)--Maps--Facsimiles
- Subject (Name)
Bien, Julius, 1826-1909
Gardner, J. T
Great West Books (Firm)
Hoffmann, C. F. (Charles Frederick), 1838-1913
Whitney, J. D. (Josiah Dwight), 1819-1896
- Subject (Topic)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Orbis Record