A new & accurate map of the Island of Jamaica [cartographic material] : divided into its principal parishes / drawn from surveys, and regulated by astronl. observatns. by Eman. Bowen.
- A new & accurate map of the Island of Jamaica [cartographic material] : divided into its principal parishes / drawn from surveys, and regulated by astronl. observatns. by Eman. Bowen.
- Alternative Title
- Draught of Port Royal or Kingston Harbour in Jamaica., Draught of the harbour of Port Antonio & St. Francis on the north east coast of Jamaica, and New and accurate map of the Island of Jamaica
- Bowen, Emanuel, d. 1767
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- [London :
From Bowen's Complete system of geography. London : Printed for William Innys, Richard Ware, Aaron Ward ..., 1747.
Scale given in English miles.
Sheet measures 40.7 x 50.7 cm.
Shows boundaries, roads, forests, plantations and settlements.
- 1 map ; 32.9 x 40.6 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale [ca. 1:785 000]
- (W 78°50ʹ00ʺ--W 75°45ʹ00ʺ/N 19°00ʹ00ʺ--N 16°35ʹ00ʺ)., 016.583333, 019.000000, -075.750000, -078.833333, 785000, and a
- Call Number
- 8555 1747
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Nautical charts
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
- Jamaica--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Subject (Name)
- Bowen, Emanuel, d. 1767. Complete system of geography
- Subject (Topic)
Harbors--Jamaica--Kingston--Maps--Early works to 1800
Harbors--Jamaica--Port Antonio--Maps--Early works to 1800
Harbors--Jamaica--Port Royal--Maps--Early works to 1800
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Kapp, K.S. Printed maps of Jamaica up to 1825, 65
- Orbis Record