British Antarctic Expedition, 1907 [cartographic material] : general map showing the explorations and surveys of the Expedition, 1907-09.
- British Antarctic Expedition, 1907 [cartographic material] : general map showing the explorations and surveys of the Expedition, 1907-09.
- Alternative Title
- General map showing the explorations and surveys of the Expedition, 1907-1909 and The Geographical journal.
- Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain)
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- [London] :
- Royal Geographical Society,
- Map showing the area explored by Ernest Shackleton's British Antarctic Expedition, 1907-1909. The routes shown cover the areas explored or surveyed along the eastern coast of South Victoria Land, including the route of the South Magnetic Pole Party, and along the southern coastline of the Ross Sea. Shackleton's route towards the South Pole is also shown, including the southern-most point at 162E̊, 88S̊23'. Land relief is indicated by spot heights, hachures and contours.
- 1 map : col. ; 39 x 39 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale 1:6,000,000
- (E 900̊0'--W 1350̊0'/S 700̊0'--S 900̊0'), 6000000, a, E0900000, E1350000, S0700000, and S0900000
- Call Number
- 19 1909A
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
Antarctica--Discovery and exploration--Maps
South Magnetic Pole (Antarctica)--Discovery and exploration--Maps
South Pole--Discovery and exploration--Maps
South Victoria Land (Antarctica)--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- Subject (Name)
British Antarctic Expedition (1907-1909)--Maps
Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). Australian Antarctic Division
Shackleton, Ernest Henry Sir, 1874-1922
- Subject (Topic)
Scientific expeditions--Antartica--South Victoria Land--Maps
Scientific expeditions--South Pole--Maps
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Orbis Record