British Antarctic Expedition, 1907 [cartographic material] : route and surveys of the Southern Journey Party, 1908-09 : from traverses and astronomical observations / Eric Marshall, cartographer.
- British Antarctic Expedition, 1907 [cartographic material] : route and surveys of the Southern Journey Party, 1908-09 : from traverses and astronomical observations / Eric Marshall, cartographer.
- Alternative Title
- Route and surveys of the Southern Journey Party, 1908-09 : and The Geographical journal.
- Marshall, Eric, 1879-1963
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- [London] :
- Royal Geographical Society,
- Map showing the area explored by Ernest Shackleton's Southern Journey Party over the period 1908-1909 during the British Antarctic Expedition, 1907-1909. The route toward the South Pole is time-dated for the inward journey from Nov. 25, 1908-Jan. 9, 1909, and the southern-most point that the party reached is marked at 162E̊/88S̊23'. Land relief is indicated by spot heights, hachures and contours.
- 1 map : col. ; 60 x 37 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale 1:1,500,000
- (E 750̊0'--W 1000̊0'/S 820̊0'--S 900̊0'), 1500000, a, E0750000, E1000000, S0820000, and S0900000
- Call Number
- 19 1909B
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
Antarctica--Discovery and exploration--Maps
South Pole--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- Subject (Name)
British Antarctic Expedition (1907-1909)--Maps
Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). Australian Antarctic Division
Shackleton, Ernest Henry Sir, 1874-1922
- Subject (Topic)
- Scientific expeditions--South Pole--Maps
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Orbis Record