Maps to illustrate the paper by J.B. Charcot on the French Antarctic Expedition, 1908-1910 [cartographic material].
- Maps to illustrate the paper by J.B. Charcot on the French Antarctic Expedition, 1908-1910 [cartographic material].
- Alternative Title
- The Geographical journal.
- Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain)
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- [London] :
- Royal Geographical Society,
After the Expedition of the 'Belgica', 1898, and, Before the Expedition of the 'Francais', 1903-1905 -- After the Expedition of the "Francais', 1903-1905 -- After the 1st Summer Voyage of the 'Pourquoi Pas?', 1908-1909 -- After the 2nd Summer Voyage of the 'Pourquoi Pas?', 1909-1910 -- Ancillary map: [Locality map showing the track of the 'Francais', 1903-1905, and, the track of the "Pourquoi Pas?', 1908-1910]. Scale [ca. 1:12,672,000]
At bottom right corner of sheet: Antarctic. Charcot.
Four maps of the western coast of Graham Land, including Gerlache Strait, Palmer Archipelago and the Biscoe Islands as well as its eastern coast, showing the exploratory routes taken by Charcot's expeditions of 1903-105 and 1908-1910 along the western coast. The last two maps include relief shown by spot heights in feet and soundings in fathoms.
- 4 maps on 1 sheet : col. ; each 17 x 15 cm., sheet 41 x 35 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale 1:5,000,000
- (W 760̊0'--W 580̊0'/S 624̊0'--S 700̊0')., 5000000, a, S0624000, S0700000, W0580000, and W0760000
- Call Number
- 19 1911
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
Gerlache Strait--Discovery and exploration--Maps
Graham Land (Antarctica)--Discovery and exploration--Maps
Palmer Archipelago--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- Subject (Name)
Charcot, Jean, 1867-1936
French Antarctic Expedition--1908-1910--Maps
Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). Australian Antarctic Division
- Subject (Topic)
- Scientific expeditions--Antarctica--Antarctic Peninsula--Maps
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Orbis Record