A new and accurat map of the world : drawne according to ye truest descriptions, latest discoueries & best obseruations y[e]t have beene made by english or strangers.
- A new and accurat map of the world : drawne according to ye truest descriptions, latest discoueries & best obseruations y[e]t have beene made by english or strangers.
- Alternative Title
- New and accurate map of the world and New and accvrat map of the world
- Speed, John, 1552?-1629
- Published / Created
- 1651 [1676 printing]
- Publication Place
- [London] :
- Are to be sold by Tho. Bassett ... and Ric. Chiswell ...,
Appeared in Speed's A prospect of the most famous parts of the world... London...1676.
Imperfect: torn along fold, with some loss of text. Mounted on cardboard. Cross collection no. 18.
Includes astrological charts, allegorical figures representing the elements, and portraits in medallions of explorers Sir Francis Drake, Ferdinand Magellan, Oliverus van der Noort and Thomas Candish.
Relief shown pictorially.
Scale measured at center of hemisphere.
Shows California as an island.
This map is state 4, the last state published--Cf. Shirley R.W. Mapping of the world, 317.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 2 hemipsheres each 25 cm. in diam., on sheet 45 x 57 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale [ca. 1:100,000,000].
- 100000000 and a
- Call Number
- 11 1651
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Shirley, R.W. Mapping of the world, 317
- Orbis Record