A new map of the terraqueous globe : according to the ancient discoveries and most general divisions of it into continents and oceans.
- A new map of the terraqueous globe : according to the ancient discoveries and most general divisions of it into continents and oceans.
- Wells, Edward, 1667-1727
- Published / Created
- 1726 or 1738]
- Publication Place
- [Oxford :
"Dedicated to His Highness William Duke of Gloucester."
"Delin. M. Burghers sculpt. Univ. Oxon."
Cross collection no. 32.
Plate mark 1 was added below the dedication plinth for the editions in 1726 and 1738--Cf. Shirley.
Scale measured at center of hemisphere.
- 1 map ; 2 hemispheres each 25 cm in diam., on sheet 44 x 55 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale [ca. 1:100 000 000].
- 100000000 and a
- Call Number
- 11 1701
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Shirley, R.W. Mapping of the world, 608
- Orbis Record