A new and correct map of the world laid down according to the newest discoveries, and from the most exact observations / [cartographic material] / by Herman Moll, geographer.
- A new and correct map of the world laid down according to the newest discoveries, and from the most exact observations / [cartographic material] / by Herman Moll, geographer.
- Moll, Herman, -1732
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- [London] :
- Printed for and sold by I. Bowles, map and printseller at the Black Horse in Cornhill & by T. Bowles map & print seller next to ye Chapter house in St. Paul's Church yard, and by P. Overton map & print seller near St. Dunstan's Church Fleet Street and by
Imperfect: mutilated and torn along folds, with some loss of text. Cross collection no. 33.
Includes dedication within ornamental cartouche, "To His Most Sacred Majesty George IId by the grace of God King of Great Britain France & Ireland Defender of the Faith &c. this map is humbly dedicated."
Insets: The Ptolemean systeme -- The North Pole -- The Copernican systeme -- Mercury -- The appearance of the Sun -- Venus -- Mars -- Saturn -- Jupiter -- The appearance of the Moon.
Prime meridian: Ferro.
Relief shown pictorially.
Scale measured at center of hemisphere.
Shows California as an island.
Shows the world as a double hemisphere, annual winds and wind directions, solar equinox and ecliptic, and noted corrections over previous geography.
- 1 map : hand col., ill. ; 2 hemispheres each 47 cm in diam., on sheet 60 x 100 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale [ca. 1:54,000,000].
- 54000000 and a
- Call Number
- 11 1724
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Phillips, 3469
- Orbis Record