A dangerous shoal seen Septr. the 28, 1767 [cartographic material] : The south end of Mindanao ; Joseph Freewills Islands.
- A dangerous shoal seen Septr. the 28, 1767 [cartographic material] : The south end of Mindanao ; Joseph Freewills Islands.
- Alternative Title
- Joseph Freewills Islands. and South end of Mindanao.
- Hawkesworth, John, 1715?-1773
- Published / Created
Cross Collection 71.
Depths shown by soundings.
From Hawkesworth's Account of the voyages undertaken by the order of His present Majesty for making discoveries in the Southern Hemisphere. London: Printed for W. Strahan and T. Cadell, 1773; v. 1, facing p.
- 3 maps on 1 sheet ; each 12 x 19 cm. or smaller, on sheet 29 x 23 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale [ca. 1:73,000].
- 73000, a, E1262500, E1341959, E1361000, N0004959, N0025300, and N0053400
- Call Number
- 282 1767
- Collection Title
- Account of the voyages undertaken by the order of His present Majesty for making discoveries in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Nautical charts
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
Mapia Islands (Indonesia)--Maps--Early works to 1800
Mindanao Island (Philippines)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Subject (Name)
Carteret, Philip, d. 1796
Cook, James, 1728-1779
- Subject (Topic)
Nautical charts--Indonesia--Mapia Island--Early works to 1800
Nautical charts--Philippines--Mindanao Island--Early works to 1800
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Orbis Record