A map of the colony of Rhode Island [cartographic material] : with the adjacent parts of Connecticut, Massachusetts Bay, & c / by Thos. Kitchin Senr., Hydrographer to His Majesty.
- A map of the colony of Rhode Island [cartographic material] : with the adjacent parts of Connecticut, Massachusetts Bay, & c / by Thos. Kitchin Senr., Hydrographer to His Majesty.
- Alternative Title
- Colony of Rhode Island and Rhode Island
- Kitchin, Thomas, d. 1784
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- [London] :
- Printed for R. Baldwin at the Rose, Pater Noster Row,
- Includes eastern Connecticut ; Massachusetts as far north as Boston, including Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, and Nantucket ; and the eastern end of Long Island.
"London Magazine 1778"--Top margin.
From The London Magazine (November 1778).
Publisher from bottom margin.
Relief shown pictorially.
Sheet measures 21 x 28.4 cm. Inscription on verso: William Akers. Cross Collection no. 198.
- 1 map ; 18 x 24 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale [ca. 1:1,393,920]
- (W 73⁰05ʹ--W 69⁰15ʹ/N 42⁰25ʹ--N 40⁰25ʹ)., 1393920, a, N0402500, N0422500, W0691500, and W0730500
- Call Number
- 76 1778
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- McCorkle, B.B. New England in early printed maps 1513-1800, 778.4
- Orbis Record